Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in our day and we look for more convenient ways to get things done with the limited time we have. Ordering groceries online is becoming a very popular method of getting this tiresome chore done and out of the way.
Not only does ordering groceries online help to cut down time being spent, but it also helps to cut down on the money being spent! If you find yourself shopping wrong all the time and paying way too much for food, you can cut costs by shopping for only the things on your list.
More and more companies making virtual shopping easier and more convenient to the consumer. You can even order fresh produce online and have it shipped to your door! This is one of the easiest ways to save money on fresh fruit and vegetables!
Unfortunately, there are pros and cons with online grocery shopping, as it currently stands.
- It reduces time out of the house
- You can stay home when sick, helping to avoid germs when out
- It’s great if you’re a one-car family and a stay at home parent
- You can reduce impulse buys because you are more likely to stick with your shopping list.
- You are more likely to stick to your grocery budget.
- It’s often difficult to apply coupons or promotions to your cart
- Some stores have you pay full retail up front and are reimbursed the difference after it ships or is picked up. (This sucks when you’re on a tight budget.) This also means that shoppers paying with SNAP Benefits are ineligible to take part.
- If something is out of stock, you’re out of luck, whereas in the store you can seek out a suitable replacement option or get a raincheck.
- You may need to add more items to your cart to get free shipping, which means you may impulsively shop to find these filler items
That being said, there are still several great ways to save money when ordering groceries online.
Here are 4 places you can save money on groceries that are ordered and shipped straight to your door. No shoes required.
Brandless is a website where everything is- you guessed it- brandless. The generic labels on the products help to reduce cost and the products are still great quality.
They have a lot of gluten-free and organic products in their shop, for greatly discounted prices. It seems as though removing the flashy name brands, and labels really does make a difference in the price tag!
Get $6 off your first order to Brandless by using my link.
If you have a larger family, or just like buying in bulk (like at Costco) without the paid membership fees- this is your website.
They have a huge variety of everything from healthy foods to household cleaning products and the shipping is pretty fast (and impressive.)
In fact, the shipping is pretty comparable to Amazon’s 2-day shipping from what I have personally witnessed.
I have used them several times over the past few years and been able to stock up on some great sale prices thanks to Boxed. Sign up here and get a $15 credit towards your first purchase and FREE shipping!
3. Google Express
Google Express is where you can shop your local retailers online and have it shipped to your door. They often run promo codes and discounts through Groupon which can save you a ton of money in the process. There are options to shop at multiple retailers including Costco, and drug stores like Walgreens.
Groupon is a website specifically dedicated to saving you money. As such, it’s really common to see awesome grocery related coupons on Groupon.
The content on their site changes all the time, so it’s always worth taking a look before doing any online shopping. (Or before doing any online shopping.)
Sign up here with my link and get a free $10 to spend on Groupon.
Shopping online should be a convenience, not a budget buster. I hope these places and tips help you save money on your next grocery ordering purchase!
Do you know of another budget friendly online grocery selling retailer not mentioned? Share it in the comments below!